Porcelain Tips for Wheel Pottery Jan 6 - Feb 14
Early bird registration ($179) until Dec 20
Normal registration until ($189) until Jan 17
Viewing of videos until Mar 13
I accept the Registration rules at the bottom of the page and want to register for this class.
Please ensure that we have your right email account when you register.
- The "Porcelain Tips for Wheel Pottery" e-course is geared towards potters that have experience in basic to advanced clay work. Potters who are interested in improving their general understanding of porcelain working on a pottery wheel and those interested in working in porcelain for the first time will benefit from this class. It is a wheel throwing, altering, and trimming class working with porcelain from wet to bone dry. We review basic to advanced techniques and go in depth into some of the challenges of working with porcelain. This class will help to advance general skills in clay and encourage a deeper understanding of working with porcelain. Instruction will focus on working with porcelain up to, but not including glaze firing.
- This is an intermediate level class, so if you are very new to pottery try some of the basic classes offered first.
- Our videos do not have written translations yet and the language used is English.
- You must have access to a pottery wheel and have some basic wheel and clay working tools. You should also have available a number of throwing bats for your pieces.
- You will need approximately 50 pounds of a high quality plastic porcelain clay body.
- You should have some available daily time to make the best use of this course. You will be monitoring your porcelain pots as they dry and this is best done often.
- You must have consistent access to a computer, iPad or iPhone or related technology.
- You must have basic computer knowledge. (Although we will assist you with the viewing of the videos, we cannot teach you how to use a computer).
- if you have worked on the wheel before, but have never tried porcelain clay
- if you have experienced difficulty with throwing porcelain clay
- if you want to understand and learn more about porcelain clay
- if you want to improve your wheel forming skills
- if you want to learn how to control forms on the wheel
- if you want to expand your range of sizes
- if you want to learn how to use ribs
- if you want to learn a variety of altering techniques
- if you want to learn to use trimming techniques to make better pots
- You will learn how to throw, control and alter some basic forms on the potter's wheel.
- You will learn and understand porcelain well enough to use this clay body effectively to make better pottery
- When you completed this class, you should be able to throw porcelain with more ease and to improve your skills with continued practice.
- You will need certain pottery tools. We will provide a material and tool list.
- We provide downloadable documents (PDF format) for refreshing memory
- You will have weekly access to the instructor for personal feedback and suggestions
- No refunding.
- Submitting an online registration indicates your agreement with this policy.