Handbuilding porcelain dinnerware Jan 20 - Feb 28
Early bird registration ($179) until Jan 3
Normal registration ($189) until Jan 31
Viewing of material Mar27
I accept the registration policy at the bottom of the page and want to register for this class.
Please ensure that we have your right email account when you register
- This class is intended for potters who want to expand their knowledge of hand building porcelain and who want to hand build porcelain dinnerware.
- Potters who already know the clay process from the first making all the way through firing. If you never touched clay before or worked with it many years before and do not remember details, we suggest you do a beginner class and get to know the basics of clay before you start any of our current classes. We do plan a complete beginner class in future, so we want to encourage you to get on our distribution list for further notice about such a class.
- Our videos do not yet have written translation.
What do you need to do this e-course?
- You must have access to a working table/space and a kiln.
- You must have consistent access to a computer, iPad or iPhone or related technology.
- You must have basic computer knowledge. (Although we will assist you with the viewing of the videos, we cannot teach you how to use a computer).
- Your basic understanding of pottery should include the following:
- You have wedged clay before, hand build and/or wheel thrown with any pottery clay body (Femo clay and cold porcelain does not qualify), glazed and fired the object or observed the firing process in an educational environment.
- You should know some or more of the following terminology before you consider this class:
- porcelain; stoneware; earthenware; wedging; glazing; firing; kiln; score; slip; bisque
This e-course will:
- give you a better understanding of the character and possibilities of porcelain clay
- show you how to hand build porcelain dinnerware step by step
- help you to use the techniques for other clay bodies
- help you to know more about glazing
- help you to understand and control slabs
- help you understand the firing techniques associated with porcelain
- teach you what needs to be considered when making dinnerware.
What can I expect from the e-course?
- Each week we will discuss, design and make one or more dinnerware objects.
- This online class is all about projects. When you completed this class, you should be able to make a full dinner set and with practice you will gain everything you need to know to become professional in making dinnerware by hand. Please see the contents list.
- There are certain details (microwave safety, dishwasher safety, understanding the form) that we discuss during this class that is not included in the wheel throwing dinnerware class. We want to encourage you to do the "Hand building Porcelain Dinnerware" e-course if you want to specialize in dinnerware.
- “Dinnerware essentials” is a class in the making and will be presented somewhere in future.
- No refunding.
- Submitting an online registration indicates your agreement with this policy.