Wheel thrown porcelain dinnerware Jan 20 - Feb 28
Early bird registration ($179) until Jan 3
Normal registration ($189) until Jan 31
Viewing of material Mar 27
I accept the registration policy at the bottom of the page and want to register for this class. Please ensure that we have your right email account when you register.
- In porcelain wheel thrown dinnerware we go from the standpoint that you already know something about clay. Even though we will review some basic techniques and facts, we will not go into complete beginner’s mode. This is not a class for someone that never touched pottery clay or that did it some time back, but cannot remember any details. We expect that you have a basic understanding of the full pottery making cycle, from the wedging to the final glazed product fired in the kiln.
- Our videos do not have written translation.
What do I need to do this e-course?
- You must have access to a pottery wheel and kiln.
- You must have consistent access to a computer, iPad or iPhone or related technology.
- You must have basic computer knowledge. (Although we will assist you with the viewing of the videos, we cannot teach you how to use a computer).
- You need basic knowledge of glazes; that is at least glazed some pottery before.
- You must have a place where you can work with clay.
- You should know the following terminology before you consider this class:
- Plastic clay; leather hard clay; bone dry; green ware; bisque; glaze; firing clay
This e-course will help you:
- if you worked on the wheel before, but experience difficulty with throwing
- if you want to learn how to make dinnerware step by step
- if you want to learn how to create a basic glaze
- if you want to learn how to control forms on the wheel
- understand the firing techniques associated with porcelain
- if you want to learn more about porcelain
What can I expect from the e-course?
- We will create all the basic forms thrown on the wheel and translate that into dinnerware.
- This online class is all about projects. When you completed this class, you should be able to make a full dinner set and with practice you will gain everything you need to know to become professional in making dinnerware. Please see the contents list.
- There are certain essentials that is needed to know when designing and making dinnerware. Since we discussed that in detail in the “Handbuilding porcelain dinnerware” e-course, we will not include that in this class. If you are interested in that information we would encourage you to do the "Handbuilding Porcelain Dinnerware" e-course or register for “Dinnerware essentials” separately.
- No refunding.
- Submitting an online registration indicates your agreement with this policy.