Glazing made easy Jan 20 - Feb 28
Early bird registration ($209) until Jan 3
Normal registration ($229) until Jan 31
Viewing of videos until Mar 27
I accept the Registration policy at the bottom of the page and want to register for this class.
Please ensure that we have your right email account when you register.
- The "Glazing made Easy" e-course is geared towards potters with little to medium experience with glazes. Potters interested to improve their general understanding of glazes and who is interested in starting to mix their own glazes will benefit from this class. It is a basic understanding of what glazes are, how to buy or mix glazes and how to make glazes from a recipe.
- Although I do touch on the making of a glaze from scratch, THIS IS NOT A GLAZE CALCULATION WORKSHOP. I review basic to advanced techniques with glazes and go in depth into fixing troubled glazes.
- If you lack confidence with glazes, this course will put you on a pathway to success.
- If you are looking for a glaze calculation class, this class is not for you
- We expect that you have a basic understanding of the full pottery making cycle, from the making to the final glazed product fired in a potters kiln.
- If you have never worked with pottery before, this class is not for you. TeachinArt advice you to get on our distribution list to be informed when we will present a beginners class.
- Our videos do not have written translations yet and the language used is English.
What do I need for this e-course?
- You must have access to a workplace and pottery kiln.
- You must have consistent access to a computer, iPad or iPhone or related technology.
- You must have basic computer knowledge. (Although we will assist you with the viewing of the videos, we cannot teach you how to use a computer).
- You need basic knowledge of the potters process; that is at least glazed some pottery before.
- When you consider this class you should understand the following terminology:
- Pottery; bisque; kiln; firing; bisque ware; glaze; firing clay.
This e-course will help you:
- if you want to learn about glazes on pottery
- if you want to understand and work with raw materials for glazes
- if you want to learn different glazing techniques
- if you want to learn how to use colorants and oxides in your glazes
- if you want to learn how to control glazes
- understand the firing techniques for glazes
- if you want to learn to mix your own glazes from a recipe
What can I expect from the e-course?
- You will learn basic terminology of glazes.
- You will learn and understand store bought glazes.
- You will learn and understand the basics of glaze materials.
- When you completed this class, you should be able to mix glazes from a powder, mix a test glaze from a recipe, do different glazing techniques, know how to fire glazes in an electric kiln, heat work, how to fix glaze mistakes, how to fix troubled glazes. Please see the contents list.
- Students who register will get access to the student materials.
- We will provide downloadable documents (PDF format) for refreshing memory.
- No refunding.
- Submitting an online registration indicates your agreement with this policy.